View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Sep 02, 2019 at 01:45 PM

Ever since I was a kid I believed that knowledge is power. I spent my life in dogged pursuit of that quest and the internet has made that a great deal easier. In fact I have been able to do so much in my life by myself just from watching you tube. You tube can tell me how to install a toilet flapper, or storm door, as it can give me endless work out routines.

But, I can't help.. in the back of my mind .....know that it also makes me unhappy.

My nephew is boundlessly happy. And I realize we all do our best not to tell him any actual information because that will "ruin" it for him.

I think about how when I was a kid, how happy I was. I spent my day getting up... watching tv, ALL DAY LONG, and day dreaming. I didn't have to do anything.. I didn't have to know anything.

Now as an adult I will have to know and do things but I ask myself.. do I have to know everything?

Might I be better off
1. Not using the internet that much.
2. Not watching the news.
3. Not being in a position to know anything about my condo (currently on the board)
4. Might I even be happier with people if I didn't know what they were saying was totally wrong?

Must the goal be to get more innocent / nieve / trusting?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, possum220, Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky