Thread: Fasting
View Single Post
AceRimmer

Member Since Jun 2015
2 hugs
given
Default Sep 02, 2019 at 04:52 PM

I used to fast when I was young - 2- 4 days at a time. The idea was to stay really thin and slow my metabolism to slow aging. That kind of thing has been shown to work in rats, but not enough studies shave been done on people.

Then I got sick of it especially when I heard to only had to take pills like fish oil and grape seed extract. I also became a major exercise fanatic and was eating 5000 + calories a day with no weight gain. aside from the muscle I got from lifting weights. That stopped after 3 foot surgeries. I can barely walk some days now. Also the pain makes me crave comfort foods. I gained 40 pounds.

Last year I lost 30 pounds with 2 fasts. I lost 20 pounds with a 14 day fast. After 2 months I had gained back 4 pounds so I did a 12 day fast and lost 15 pounds. But it was a bad year for foot pain and I gained it back. So I did a 16 day fast in July and now just a few weeks later I am trying another 14 day fast. I know if I can get rid of the pain I can keep it off. But I think the pain is here to stay. So is gaining 30 pounds then losing it in 2 months every year unhealthy? I don't think so. If I don't I might just keep gaining and end up on My 600 Pound Life.

Hugs from:
unaluna