View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Sep 03, 2019 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
But I do think one has to temper one's desire to know everything & do everything oneself. One simply can't know everything & do everything oneself. And trying to do so can become little short of a compulsion in my opinion. I think, as the Buddha might perhaps have observed, one has to find a middle way. At least those are my thoughts with regard to your post.
Definitely. I realize the error of my ways now. Typically I don't trust doctors or dentists and this morning I had a cleaning. They "suggested" that a 10 year old root canal may have failed. But they are sending me for a second opinion. Normally I would be upset and frustrated and go back and look at prior X-rays and try to compare. However, I have decided I have to give up that way of thinking. Now, don't get me wrong, I may still not go to who they wanted for the advice... not fulling trusting that doctor... but at a certain point I had the thought today, life is just to short to be running around trying to meddle in people that are trying to help you.

That isn't to say I will just do what they say, however, I will not run back to the office and try to compare and contrast the x-rays. I have to trust a little more in the medical providers.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky