Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 04, 2019 at 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deilla View Post
I'm not sure what's wrong with me. In a year and a half I've never gained, like really gained, weight. And this past month I have gained. And since I started being careful about what I eat, I've lost 3 pounds, gained 2, lost 2, gained 3. Normally I don't let the scale bother me. But I really don't like these numbers. My mindset is off. I have to get back to a positive mindset. That orthopedic doctor didn't help much when he suggested weight loss surgery. Another thing, my IBS has cleared up lately. That would prevent some weight loss. I'm happy to be rid of the IBS symptoms. Perhaps I can find a balance and be IBS free and still lose weight.

I started Noom. Seems like a diet plan to me since you have to log your food and the calories are restrictive. I don't like diet plans. I prefer positive thinking and natural weight loss. So I'm not sure what I will do with my Noom subscription. I do like the coach and I think it's good to learn about nutrition. I'm trying to be positive about it. After all, they ask you to "Believe!"
How can it be a diet plan when there is no diet you have to follow? You have to log food and exercise so you can understand your eating habits and learn how to make healthy changes. But there is literally no prescribed diet or exercise regime to follow. How else do you expect to lose weight if not by understanding and changing your eating patterns?

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...