View Single Post
Anonymous35014

Default Sep 04, 2019 at 02:18 PM

Man, I'm pretty bummed. I just bought a cable subscription and the coax port doesn't work in my apartment, so I can't actually watch anything on TV. I have to pay $59.99 for a Comcast guy to come out and "professionally install" the cable box, which is a load of sh_t. But I know the port is f_cked up and that it's not just me. My modem won't work with it either, so I can imagine they'll be here for a while when they find out that it's broken... And who knows how long it'll take for them to fix it.

I wish I knew it was broken when I first got my apartment, but I never checked it because I didn't care for cable. But I got cable because I want to stream stuff and my current internet package doesn't allow for 4K streaming to work very well, so it was either $16 more a month for 4K streaming, or $18 more a month for the 4K streaming and 400+ channels... so you know what I went with.

I'm gonna try to get the installation for free if I can, though. If it turns out that someone snapped a cable somewhere running into my apartment, then I'm going to demand a free installation because it's not my fault that someone else snapped a cable. I opened up the outlet to look at the coax port and it's plugged in properly, so I think the cable in the wall is dead or whatever it's connected to is dead.

On the upside, at least I can watch live TV on my laptop through Xfinity online, so I'm gonna do that right now while I do other stuff...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, Blue_Bird, Innerzone, Jedi67, Nammu, Sunflower123, TheSeaCat, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird, Jedi67, Wild Coyote, ~Christina