Grand Member

Member Since Jun 2008
410 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Attention Sep 06, 2019 at 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen83 View Post
Oh I so totally get ya on this. Funny for me....I've long ago gotten over not being able to talk about my depression, anxiety, meds, psych care, etc. Yet when it comes to this "PTSD thing" - whole different story. Am finding out it's something I seem to be able to talk about to the counselor, but NOT to friends and family. Am glad I did seek out help at this time. Just starting, it's been a roller coaster of a ride so far....but it's also feeling kinda good, in giving me hope that there IS hope. That I don't have to keep living this way. One thing I've done over the years - learned how to say "I don't want to talk about that at this time". It's what I use, when I'm not ready to answer those leading questions you're talking about. When it comes to trust, therapists have to respect my boundaries, or I have to move on. I wish you great luck in finding someone who can earn your trust, and help guide you along. Since things are getting to the point where it's affecting your life....it's definitely worth a try.

Thanks. the thing for me though is i don't have that 'support' system of friends and family! it's just me. and i don't want to open any door that can't be closed again -> i guess that's some serious fear there. so a one-hour session once or twice a month with a therapist, that then leaves me on my own the entire rest of the time!

i know it's a healing process that will take lots of time, but i doubt i can do it alone. especially when everyone looks at you and sees/thinks you're fine..... (cuz you look that way, they can't physically see anything wrong)

[i also just lost the one person i could talk to about this, was like my best friend, so there's also a massive amount of grief going on here too]
jrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119, Lilly2