View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Sep 06, 2019 at 04:19 PM

Here's a new check-in thread! Perhaps you have never received a mental health diagnosis. Or perhaps there have been several that have been casually "tossed out" to you off-handedly over time & you don't what to believe. If so... this is your check-in thread!

I don't know if this will be useful or not. But I thought it might be worth a try. In the 20 years or so I was actively involved with the mental health services system where I live, & through 2 involuntary hospitalizations, I never was offered anything in the way of a diagnosis.

A G.P. I saw early on suggested perhaps OCD? In an MMPI report I was able to get a copy of (after much rangling) it said I exhibited "schizoid ideation"… whatever that is. The psychiatrist who treated me during my second hospitalization suggested there might be a "bipolar element" to what was going on with me. But who knows? (I suppose there must be something written down somewhere for insurance purposes.)

I do know, from reading many posts here on PC, there are others here with similar stories. So if you've never received a diagnosis, or you're confused & just don't know what to believe, this is your place to check in with others who are in the same boat. Thanks for checking in!

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, amandalouise, bluekoi, Breaking Dawn, MickeyCheeky, thebestofme, TunedOut, unaluna, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
amandalouise, bluekoi, MickeyCheeky, TunedOut, WovenGalaxy