View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 06, 2019 at 07:13 PM

Will reply more later, but there is something stopping me from making another appointment with the T I saw today. And something when I saw her 7 months ago, too--at the time, she did seem too "friend-like." I partly saw her this time so that I wouldn't have to go through a whole intake/history thing with a new T just to talk about my current T. I am seeing someone new next week, plus have a phone consult set with another T. I'm mostly trying to use the T I saw today to help me step away from my current T. While the others I've contacted...I'm hoping one of them could become longer-term. I'm doing a regular intake session with "M" next week--I told him in the phone consult that I'd had lots of conflicts with current T lately. But I want to evaluate him more as: Could I see him being a therapist for me going forward? Same with the woman (now it's complicated, because her first initial, K, is the same as who I saw today...) All the people I've contacted (including one I haven't heard back from and one who isn't available until next month) have different therapeutic orientations than current T. I think I just need a change for a bit. Maybe I can eventually go back to T. But what's going on right now between us isn't working and isn't helping. So, I could keep beating my head against a wall, or I could step back and look elsewhere.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Polibeth