View Single Post
zoiecat
Grand Member

Member Since Apr 2017
409 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 06, 2019 at 09:08 PM

I agree with the others. I am not judging but simply observing. It appears that your ruptures almost always happen when your T does not say or do what you want him too. There are then extra sessions where it appears that you try to persuade him to agree with you. Now that he is holding his boundaries you want to end the relationship.

Personally I so wish you would let your T hold his boundaries and allow him to not agree with you once in awhile. Rather than continuing to work on the therapeutic relationship, push yourself out of your comfort zone and work on the reasons why you feel this way. Afterall you always say it is not about T, it is transference about something in your past. How will things ever improve for you if you don't work on the past and the reasons why you always need validation, agreement and approval for your wants?

That being said, it is totally up to you if you want to change therapists. The only thing I observe from your write up that scares me is your approach in determining what you consider a good option for the future. I do believe K was unethical in her reactions but she seems to be reading you very well and selling herself to you by giving you what you want. I don't think this would necessarily benefit your growth and self improvement even though I think she would make you happy by agreeing with you on everything.

I think it would help you more if you just interviewed each T based on what they can offer you. Why bring up everything your current T has said or done to upset you only to receive validation that you are right and he is wrong? Are you looking for a new T in order to help you move forward and heal your past or are you simply looking for a new T that will agree with you and keep you stuck by doing everything your way?

I guess that is the question you have to ask yourself in order to choose the right T. I wish you the best and hope you make the right decision for yourself.
zoiecat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Amyjay, ArtleyWilkins, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, susannahsays, WarmFuzzySocks