Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 07, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannahsays View Post
Can you explain a little bit more about what you mean about him making it all about him (if you want)? That's something I've been kind of confused about. Not disagreeing, I'm just missing it.

Sure, here's a few recent examples (I know others might disagree with these being about him):

--His talking about feeling "trapped" into replying to me a couple Fridays ago when I was in a bad place
--His saying he was worried about liability and admitting how that was selfish of him
--His saying how he doesn't like to be micromanaged or controlled. And then going on (in email) about how he's the same way in his outside life and that he also doesn't expect other people to do something just because he asks them to (I don't care what he does in his real life).

--His talking about how it felt manipulative that I said maybe I needed a different T
--His saying it would be a problem if his backup T "stole" me from him. Then later, when I asked him to clarify, he said it wouldn't cause problems between me and him but between him and her. Which, yeah, I don't care.

--His saying how he spent much more than 30 minutes on my emails, but he's only going to charge me for that amount of time because he thinks of the customer at times.
--(perhaps a less good example) His saying the other day that lately I just keep pushing him to show he cares. Which is part of what's behind his frustration. I said I imagined it was partly related to his being away a bunch, and he said, "I'm sure it is," but then he didn't explore that at all with me.
--Back with the stone thing, when he was superfocused on his reaction to it, not mine

With ex-MC, if I had some reaction to him, he often would tie it into something from my childhood. He'd look at what was going on with it. Until what happened at the very end, he didn't share how he was personally reacting to things (even then he didn't fully share). He had his faults, but he kept things in a therapeutic direction and kept his emotions out of the therapy room. Which I think is related to his psychodynamic training maybe?
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lemoncake, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, susannahsays