Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Sep 07, 2019 at 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedOut View Post
Skeezyks,
I am sorry you were hospitalized twice. No one wants to go unless they are really suffering or caused themselves harm. It's like, since it happened, something must be wrong but we still don't want to believe it and it's just not an exact science (if only our problems were that easy). I wish they could just do a brain scan and know for sure. For a while, it drove me crazy to feel so unsure of what was wrong. Was it my choices? My environment? My genes? Or a pinch of this and a pinch of that? I don't worry about my diagnosis much anymore but when I couldn't sleep because of guilt and anxiety, I got up and grabbed the pills my psychitrist gave me.

Were you never given a diagnosis because of not having health insurance? I know if you have insurance--they have to put something in order for the claim to be paid. In the US, you have a right to get copies of your records. There likely are diagnosis--they probably just didn't tell you what they were!!

Many, many of us who come to PC do suffer sometimes, including you. I hope you aren't suffering and do appreciate you. You are a sweetheart through and through from my POV.
Actually I think the reason I never got an actual diagnosis is simply because, by the time I entered the mental health system where I live, I was already 50 years old. And I think there's something of an assumption that, by that time, it really just doesn't matter. (I'm kind-of inclined to agree.) Also, however, I never went into any serious detail with anyone regarding everything that has gone on with me in my life. So, as the title of the song (by The Weepies) says: "Nobody Knows Me at All".

Yes I have always had good insurance. And I'm sure there is something written down somewhere for insurance purposes… probably "depression". But it's not based on anything. It's simply what the mental health professionals I've seen wrote down so they you get paid. And actually, while it would be nice to actually talk to someone about everything that went on with me in my life (something it's unlikely I would ever do anyway) the reality is it's much too late for it to make any real difference except that, if I did have a genuine diagnosis, I'd know where to post here on PC.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
TunedOut