View Single Post
WovenGalaxy
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 07, 2019 at 05:59 PM

Background: I have deep seated anxiety and avoidance issues. Especially around new group social things. Its also difficult to get myself to go to certain things, even without deep anxiety.

I'm taking a DBT skills group for the second time, and I'm finally becoming cognizant of my true goals: I want to live a more social life. In realizing this, I've been motivated to set goals for myself each day for the last few days of this week. I feel like I failed. Because I failed to go to the social things I'd planned on. A lot of the things I wasn't completely enthusiastic about going to, but saw value in them and knew I'd probably be glad I went. Tonight there's a star gazing event that excites me. I cannot get myself to go. It is so frustrating and I feel disappointed.

My question is, do I maybe need to go slower? Am I biting off more than I can chew and also setting myself up for failure and disappointment? Because I feel I may not have the knowledge of how to use my skills or the right mentality, yet I'm attempting to do this stuff that feels too hard. I'm also in therapy and will absolutely discuss this at my next appt.
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, NightRain2019