View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 07, 2019 at 06:31 PM

My daughter is 34. She is a grad student at the University of California, Davis. She's married and is "doing well" with her life.

My son is 30, graduated Nanterre University in Paris, lives in San Francisco with his girlfriend (I adore her), and works in the tech industry. He's a delightful person and is having a good life. His passion is traveling.

My daughter and I were not only mother and daughter, but best friends. I mean, truly close...people would ask what our secret was...how did we get along so well? We'd laugh and say, "We're just lucky!"

Well, last November I slammed into a severe depression. It included agitation and delusions. One night I cracked up and wound up IP. I guess my daughter (or her control-freak husband) decided that my mental illness was more than they cared for. My precious daughter has not spoken to me in ten months. My heart is broken and I'm working hard to deal with this disaster.

I'm fairly close to my son; he's a very sunny person, really easy to be with.

All said and done? Adult children are far more challenging than young children are, in my opinion. I absolutely loved having kids and being a mom. Much harder now.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Goforward, Travelinglady, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Blknblu, Goforward, Travelinglady, TunedOut