Atypical_Disaster
Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
7,354 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 08, 2019 at 12:04 PM

Hello,

I am a woman with diagnosed clinical Psychopathy. This is more commonly known as Antisocial Personality Disorder outside of criminal/forensic psychology and neuropsychology, I have that diagnosis too. That’s my personality disorder crap, I keep it in check around here and engage in “pro social” behavior here. This means I try to help people here, I don’t always succeed because I’m human (I am massively egocentric, but not foolish enough to not know that I am fallible), and due to my “condition” I inevitably have my limitations. I do try my best, however. This is beneficial behavior for me to practice, and hey I even enjoy this being nice and providing insight/occasional advice!

Your mother, regardless of the exact label, is a seriously nasty piece of work. You did not deserve to be treated like that.

I am absolutely not a professional, so anything I say about possible disorders she does or does not have are merely educated guesses on my part. I am not qualified to make any kind of diagnosis, I’m just a lady with psychopathy on the internet.

As someone else already observed, a lot of what you wrote about her does remind me of severe borderline personality disorder. It also reminds me of severe histrionic personality disorder, and narcissistic personality disorder (the malignant form of it would actually explain pretty much all of what you wrote) as well. She has a myriad of severe psychological problems, no matter what the exact labels are.

Regardless of what her problems are, literally none of this is your fault. As I said already, you did not deserve to be treated like this. Your mother treated you horrifically badly. No child deserves that, especially not from their own mother.
Atypical_Disaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ConfusedBench, TishaBuv