View Single Post
Rainkat

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Sep 08, 2019 at 02:34 PM

Hey, thanks for your answer.
She's not lonely at all. She lives with a boyfriend. My dad and her separated when I was 15. It wasn't an easy divorce and it caused me and my sister having to live in an institution under CPS (Belgian version) for years. She's around my sisters a lot too and spends a lot of time with family. She does seem to listen to my sisters. She does it to me only, the constant comparing between me and herself and hijacking the conversation. She seems to be able to listen when talking to my sisters. She has been acting aggressive ever since I can remember. She used to pinch and twist my skin at my belly when angry with me, often called me names and straight up physically and mentally abused me. That's why it's all so strange to me. She seems to have calmed down, but now she clogs all my attention and I feel as if I'm the mother who has to comfort a child. Whenever I'm sad, she tells me how she's more sad. Whenever I'm angry, she's angrier. She's always angrier, used to have my talent as well, more suicidal, more in pain than I am. Maybe she is but why lay it all onto me? Whenever I say: "I did this", she says: "Me too, and I was such and such" without letting me finish my sentence. It's difficult as well because I don't want to be angry with her. I want her to be my mom. Only she treats me as a friend... a friend to dump all her problems and stories on without listening. You are right though. It's not me who should fix her. She won't go to a psychiatrists. She doesn't trust any kind of doctor anymore... I have tried to cut her off as well, but it made me feel horrible. That's how used I seem to be to her talking and talking and she's used to me listening for hours on end. I'm now trying to set boundaries. I'm ok with calling her or having her call me, but I need to learn to say when my time's up. If that's the only relationship I can have with my mom, than so be it I guess... But it's so hard. It helps that I vented in here. I can't talk about this with anyone I know.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. It gives me some perspective You're also always welcome to message me. I'm still finding my way through this site haha, hope I don't get lost. Much love to you and your loved ones as well! Have a great sunday evening. <3 <3 (I'm still finding out how to use emoticons lol)
Rainkat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous49105, unaluna