Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
7,354 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 08, 2019 at 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaFruit View Post
Thank you, I really appreciate you taking your time to read my very long message and also taking your time to explain. Thankyou.

When you said borderline personatily disoder. I was like wow! Cause I was daignosed with that 3 years ago. I have traits of it. So not like fully BPD. But I have read how childern have BPD one of the parents would have it too.

So this is very interesting.

You’re quite welcome.

The pattern throughout what you wrote about your mother did remind me of BPD, a particularly malignant form of it. Thankfully most people with BPD aren’t like your mother. It seems like your mother likely has more than one personality disorder going on, possibly histrionic or narcissistic.

I once knew a couple of women that had very severe personality dysfunctions. One of them in particular? When I was reading that post about your mother I thought of that woman, she was also an extremely nasty piece of work. She lost custody of her children because evidence surfaced later of all the horrible stuff she was doing.

It’s true that personality disorders tend to get passed down.

Psychopathy runs extremely heavily on both sides of my family, it’s little wonder I have the condition myself.

Personality disorders are on a spectrum too, it sounds to me that regardless, you’re not a terrible person. Just badly wounded. Which is completely understandable. Having that woman for a mother? No wonder.
Atypical_Disaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote