View Single Post
Peonie30

Member Since Jun 2018
Default Sep 08, 2019 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter4me View Post
I don't think there are any particular jobs that someone with mental illness should automatically exclude. Like any challenge we have in life, the illness is something to be dealt with, and sometimes stepping out beyond your comfort zone can be the best medicine even though it is not easy or comfortable. It is how you learn that you can do so much that you have told yourself you "can't" do. I had a long career in a stressful profession, my mental health issues did alter the course of my work but I would change little & now am trying to adjust to 'retirement' and the freedom to do things I want to do for myself. And, as when I was young, I find, again, it is worthwhile to push myself out of my "safe" space and find that I can enjoy the freedom, and occasional joy this brings.
I'm just gathering information regarding the pros and cons of pursuing that type of job when someone has mental illness.

I don't mean to never pursue that kind of work if that's what your passionate about but just be guided of what you're going into.
Peonie30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
winter4me

Thanks for this!
winter4me