sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 09, 2019 at 07:10 AM

Hey @Ima Pilgrim:
I do not know if this will help but it seems like since you were not automatically enrolled you should follow up with a call. Do not count on reimbursements from government.
How Medicaid works with Medicare - Medicare Interactive
Also, when I have had trouble with anything from SSID issues to medicare part D issues I have had great success calling social security-even better than going in person to the office. Be prepared to hold awhile though. One time I got through right away and another time it took half an hour. Put it on speaker phone and stay nearby while doing something else.
Social Security Administration/Customer service
1 (800) 772-1213

And here is a trick to navigating automatic systems and getting right to a person: If it requests you speak anything for them to route your call or dump you into auto-land say nonsense words. Here is what I mean:
" Please speak or say your SS number followed by the pound sign" Or " Please tell me what you are calling about"
Me" abbra cadabra"
" Sorry I could not understand you (or whatever the thing says) Please say your last name"
Me"hocus pocus"
I making the dialogue up but you get what I mean. Keep doing it as many times as they ask. if they ask you to enter a number using your phone type all zeros and hit the pound sign.. or whatever numbers. Eventually you will get transferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Pilgrim View Post
Hoping someone here has gone through this and what happened.
For 10 years, i've lived on SSI disability with Medicaid. Now, since i'll be turning 65y.o, I've begun receiving some money from SS and Medicare.

For several months, I get $98 from SSI and $693 from SS each month. I have Mississippi Medicaid and use Magnolia health plan(works with medicaid).

This week, Medicare informs me they will begin deducting $135.50 from the SS portion of my benifits every month!

I've spoken with the medicaid office and they seem clueless and i spoke with my SS office and they too seem to not know specifically what will happen with my particular case. They seem to think that Medicaid will pay my Medicare Part B premium and that if Medicare does indeed deduct that premium next month that I "should be reimbursed".

Does anyone here know for sure what will happen? I can barely live on the money i've been getting much less having my check reduced from now on.
Help? Thanks

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna