View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Sep 10, 2019 at 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucygirl31 View Post
not diagnosed but largely being "treated" for, if able to.

what was the craziest thing u did while manic?
Crazy comes in various forms, but I think a few things along the lines of what you're looking for are:

* Regularly flashing my husband in the grocery store (mostly just the top, but once the bottom). Actually, I think I once flashed him (the top) even when stable. I can be a wild child.

* Suddenly quitting my job in Taiwan (losing a lot of money) to travel all by myself, in my mid 20s, around Hong Kong and Thailand. Sleeping with a couple guys just two days apart. I would also often put on a pretty wild show in terms of dancing, sometimes dancing until the establishments closed at 3 am. Hours of dancing and being stared at.

* I once made out with an Italian guy on the grassy divider between directions of a multi-lane highway in Taichung, Taiwan.

* I almost jumped off of the Bridge over the River Kwai in Kanchanaburi. Thailand. Not to hurt myself deliberately, but because I was so manic that I took a joke seriously. It wasn't extremely high, but would have been a seriously bad idea. It could have killed me.

There's a lot of so-called "crazy" behavior when manic that is not so funny, especially when you're psychotic. For example, I thought God was coming to kill me. I called 911 screaming and screaming (saying nothing). Then I ran out of the house, locking myself out. Six cops showed up thinking there was a murder happening. When they came to me, I just screamed and screamed. My husband actually showed up soon after. The cops told him I was having an "episode". They knew what was happening. They were actually pretty nice and comforting, considering.

Q: Do you think of yourself as being a confident person, for the most part, when stable?

Hugs from:
lightly toasted

Thanks for this!
lightly toasted