Thread: EMDR
View Single Post
anxiety247

Member Since Aug 2011
4 hugs
given
Default Sep 10, 2019 at 12:16 PM

I tried finding that ART type therapist in my area and shocker we have none.

The current therapist who does the EMDR I am not feeling good about

Back in July the Therapist made a comment out of no where that I didn't look disabled. I could not ask what she meant because times up.

The following week I went in and asked about that comment because I am disabled and will need papers filled out at some point to support my disability. She said 3 things that really bothered me.

1) She said I more impaired - I mentioned the disability review (anyone who knows about continuing disability reviews - will understand the the anxiety associated with it) then she went on to say
2) Basically people hide behind their disabilities and do not want to get better. That pissed me off. For yrs I have been misdiagnosed and put on medications that I never needed and essentially destroyed my teeth. The trauma was ignored.
3) While on the topic of disabled she told me of her one clients she would fight tooth and nail for. That hurt me!!!!!!!!! She knows my history of neglect and how no one ever fought for me. That stung so bad!!!!! I also felt like my trauma wasn't bad - that I was undeserving of help after all others have it worse than me.

Usually in my past I would have just said F it quit and find another therapist. However I tried something different this time and tried to work through it with the therapist. I went back for 2 appts and still those comments are running through my head still. I have not been to therapy since 8/1. I been looking for therapist and they are hardly any LISW therapist - mostly LPP and I dont know if they are skilled to help with C- trauma

Hugs from:
Open Eyes