Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 10, 2019 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
I remember, when I was little, my older sisters would tease me about how nobody was looking at me or cared at all what I looked like or did anyway. They really spoke the truth.

My mother self published many novels. Heck, nobody cared enough to read them! Nobody cared what she wrote. From what little of them we did try to read, they were insipid! She’s mad as hell nobody cares...but that’s the way it is.

I am immensely unimportant.
I think it's sad that they told you this because what we come to believe sometimes manifests itself in our lives. When I am really feeling happy, sometimes I get happy looks right back. An example would be when I was working at an event and cracked a huge ear to ear smile in the direction of a guy that was also working there because he was just so nice and cute (he was only around 25 years old)--having seen exactly how I was looking at him, as our eyes met, he immediately walked up to me and asked, "Is there anything I can get you? A bottle of water? A Monster drink (the Monster vendor that day was handing them out to us for free)? If I was in an anxious or unhappy mood--I would not have gotten that reaction.

I felt like my dad loved me unconditionally and I tried to do that for my children. I don't know if it was the right thing or not (one of my dad's favorite sayings was "you can't spoil a rotten egg" ) but that was the way I wanted to be because I wanted to be like my dad. He made me feel so loved that I mostly tend to assume people like me too (yes, I know I can be annoying and am not that talented but I don't often feel unlovable or that no one cares). It might be all in my head. Half of the life I experience is just what is going on in my head anyway. Sometimes the same tracks just play over and over in my head. It's only real because I am thinking it!

Last edited by TunedOut; Sep 10, 2019 at 01:09 PM..
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv