View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,042 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 10, 2019 at 04:45 PM

My pdoc appointment was changed to last Thursday. He gave me leave until the 22nd. I am supposed to keep taking the sleeping pills for now because he says better sleep will help with the anxiety.

He wants me to use this time to reach a solution to leave work with severance. I don’t think he will be happy with the plan of going to workers’ comp. But in the end the decision is mine. He also said consult with a lawyer about my rights in this situation, so I said my husband is a lawyer. So, at my month-end appointment I will mention that I consulted with my husband and this was his advice.

I am still feeling sort of shattered and very angry, with some moments of feeling relaxed in-between. I hate thinking that my life is in turmoil and my boss will likely get away with this again. I also hate how she will try to drag my professional reputation through the mud. That is why I at least want a workers’ compensation investigation into her and the company.

But, I am working on moving forward. Spanish and English resumes are updated and I am setting up accounts for some freelancing sites and English teaching sites. Hopefully I can hit the ground running once I can work again.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
seesaw

Thanks for this!
seesaw