View Single Post
ShadowGX
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
754 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 11, 2019 at 09:57 PM

For me, I have to avoid jobs that list "fast paced" or "high stress environment". It's strange to me, but apparently some people thrive in those environments. I really, really don't handle pressure well and I really, really don't handle someone breathing down my neck well because both make me nervous and even if I'm normally good at a job, nerves ruin it.

I also have to skip over jobs that require "good communication skills" because, while I'm good at expressing myself through text, I am not good at doing so via voice. I stumble and mumble sometimes, especially under pressure, or even shut down entirely if someone is mad at me or upset even in general. That's not professional at all, and as I learned in retail it can even make irate people even more irate because they want you to bend over backwards and apologize and whatnot but I just... freeze.

I also have to avoid jobs that will be physically taxing because I've let myself go way too much plus my natural build is horrid (thanks DNA) and retail did some damage to my knees so despite only being 31 I'm pretty limited there.

Thanks for this!
De Luca, Peonie30, starryprince