View Single Post
Lilwren

Member Since Sep 2019
24 hugs
given
Default Sep 12, 2019 at 11:51 AM

The term is so outdated and misogynistic!

Our society has always belittled women … especially women who choose to stay at home. I take great offense that I am treated like I am worthless because I don’t have tax returns from an employer. What if my husband had to pay for all of the services I provide?

Me and the other ‘housewives’ are much more capable than most men! I can hang drywall, fix electrical, change the oil in the car, figure out what herbs heal, find foods that are healthy, grow my own food, provide first aid, do taxes, balance a budget, … and on and on and on. So if a man had that many talents, and skills, what would he be called? A renaissance man? A renaissance man who is revered and admired. What am I called? A housewife! A lowly housewife! According to society I am worthless and don’t contribute and have to justify my choice and existence? Bollocks!

Women who treat you poorly because you take care of the home are just jealous. They are angry that they have to go into the workplace and get a paycheck. Maybe they are jealous that they aren’t as smart or capable or didn’t choose that path.

I truly love staying at home and taking care of the household and learning all the skills I do on a regular basis. I prefer to get joy out of what I do than slugging it out in the workplace. It’s a societal necessity that one partner stay home to care for it, and or, the children and it sucks that the one that stays home is treated with so little respect by our society. Maybe it’s just a capitalist society problem? Regardless … I’m tired of being trivialized by that label!
Lilwren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Travelinglady