View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 12, 2019 at 07:39 PM

Therapy has been really good for me. I started in group therapy. It helped me feel like I wasn't alone. I felt like nobody in my immediate circle of friends and family truly understood what I was going through, but a group of strangers got it completely. They didn't judge and they helped me remember some of my good qualities when I was feeling really horrible about myself. They saw me when I couldn't.

I started CBT a month or so later and I've stuck with it ever since. I researched a lot of the coping skills I use on my own, but it was helpful to have a professional to talk things over with. I liked getting the opinion of someone who has worked with a range of patients and issues. It was also helpful to include my husband in some of our sessions. He needed reassurance that I was progressing as well as a professional opinion of the safety plans I created. I spend a lot of time discussing ways to make peace with all that has happened. My therapist has helped me find my way to forgiveness and acceptance on a number of fronts.

My therapist has also been helpful in supporting me through a couple of med changes. I like having an extra set of eyes on things as I only ever spend a few minutes at a time with my pdoc.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bizi