View Single Post
xMandyRose

Member Since May 2015
11 hugs
given
Default Sep 13, 2019 at 01:26 AM

Hey there. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I am at a loss as to where I can find help for my particular situation.

In a nutshell; I am a 24 year old College student who is currently "parenting" my mother. Since my parents' divorce 8 or 9 years ago she has been dependent on my Aunt and I. 2 years ago my Aunt moved across the country and my mother is now 100% dependent on me, save for some walking, using the restroom and other daily things. She never leaves the house. I pay for everything, I pay rent, gather the groceries, clean house, etc. I also support her emotionally. She is just a little overweight with anemia and arthritis (which she gets treatments for) with major depression and extreme abandonment issues. I have been diagnosed GAD and am feeling overwhelmed all the time.

The issue is I see a therapist quite often and have for 4 years, while my mom will *not* entertain the idea of getting help with her mental health. She does not see taking care of herself in her future. She sees herself doing what she does now for the rest of my life. (No joking or exagerrating) Sitting at home, my home, no job, until one of us dies.

I am currently working out a plan with my therapist, thinking up different things I can do. My boyfriend and I are getting pretty serious and we want to live together eventually. And I may sound asshole for it but I will not start our life together with my mom in the next room, I know it wears on relationships. And I've seen enough miserable relationships, thanks.

I try to look online to see solutions people have found in their experience but I can't seem to find anything. I find plenty of articles on "parentification" but each person the article is written about didn't seem to have a problem leaving home. I can't. I have to kick someone out. I'm just not seeing much hope and it's depressing the f*** out of me not being able to see myself with my own life, ever.

Dx:
Generalized Anxiety Disorder, ADHD (NOS)
Rx:
Fluoxetine (30 mg)
Hydroxyzine (10 mg)
Mirtazapine (15/30 mg)
xMandyRose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
lightly toasted, Mopey, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks