Thread: Silliness
View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Sep 13, 2019 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatInThe View Post
I think it’s silly how there are people all over a website called Quora, calling themselves psychopaths/sociopaths using their real names and pictures. I don’t know about the rest of y’all, but I would never expose myself like that; it just seems like a low cry for attention. Don’t get me wrong I love attention, but I get it via charity/volunteer work, promiscuity, and overall being fun & charismatic. Maybe I secretly get off on hiding in plain sight and fooling everyone around me, or maybe I subconsciously think my financial success rides on no one knowing my true character.

Do y’all think people who openly out themselves as psycho/sociopaths are really what they say they are, or are they just people who want to seem intimidating to the world?
I haven't seen any so-called psychopaths on Quora use their real name or picture.

Anyway. I'm sure plenty of them are not actual psychopaths. We'll never be able to know for certain.

On the other hand, I've been thinking about "psychopathy" as a concept and how it's different from other personality types. And what with the increase in mental health awareness and acceptance of peoples with mental illness, why wouldn't psychopaths want to be included in this social progress? I mean, all the stereotypical brouhaha aside, we're just people. I would like to be able to be myself and be more or less accepted for that. I'd also like to be able to talk openly with likeminded people. I don't even need to be accepted, really. Just not fired or imprisoned.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lilly2

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, redsoxrule