View Single Post
Psychmedvictim

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Sep 13, 2019 at 07:20 PM

I think it is worth a try. I am also currently in the process of weaning off antipsychotcs (thats why I made an account on this website today). I have been on 3 antipsychotics at one time.

I also used to take Geodon 80mg twice per day and often felt like my heart was beating wrong. Geodon can cause heart problems. I have been diagnosed with some serious disorders (several) and have almost sucessfully weaned off these meds so I think it is worth a try. I think I misdiagnosed but anyways that is irrelevant to this.

I am almost off all antipsychotics and have been weaning with Dr support for 6 months. I was on 160mg Geodon per day and 20mg haldol 6 months ago. I am now on just 1.25mg Haldol per day (1/4 of a tablet).

I feel like its worth a try under Dr supervision. You have to wean off slowly so your system does not go into shock. That is key. Your brain is used to the meds and if you stop too quickly the chemcials will be out of balance possibly causing the symptoms to come back much worse or it could cause psychosis.
Psychmedvictim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote