Thread: LT's thread
View Single Post
susannahsays
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
1 hugs
given
Default Sep 13, 2019 at 11:29 PM

My objection to him saying that she should avoid any belabored review of their relationship with subsequent therapists was that it did not sound like it was intended in a spirit of helpfulness. The evidence for this is in the comment he made about the future therapist wondering why LT was there and about him having been frustrated over her discussing ex-MC so much (and who is he to be frustrated by that, anyway?). Those two comments were unnecessary. He of all people is well aware that LT worries about what people are thinking and I think it was a roundabout way of suggesting not only did he have thoughts he may have denied to her face, but that future therapists will do the same thing. I think it was an exploitation of LT's insecurity. Again, those claims were likely true, but the way they were made and the timing doesn't reflect well on him because it was done maliciously, in my opinion.

Yes, it is well worth considering all the time that has been invested discussing therapists and therapeutic relationships and what, if anything, is gained by that. But I don't think that was the motivation behind his words. That was an afterthought.

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, Polibeth, SlumberKitty