View Single Post
Anonymous42019
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
3,106 hugs
given
Default Sep 14, 2019 at 05:22 AM

Lately in the UK there has been a considerable number of news articles questioning if vaping is a healthier option to smoking.

Since I resigned the NHS' healthcare sector, I don't have access to this information as to whether it is carcinogenic. But one of our national newspapers, The Guardian, reported vaping deaths in the USA.

The Guardian September 13th, 2019
Vaping deaths in the US: what do you need to know? | Society | The Guardian

BBC News today: US & Canada:
Vaping deaths: 'A new generation of nicotine addicts' - BBC News

I used to smoke and when stressed out as a hospital doctor in A&E, used nicotine lozenges to help me get through a punishing 12, maybe 16 hour shift. A great many of my colleagues either used these lozenges or wore a transdernal skin patch. But as the cost of a packet of smokes increased due to government taxation, thousands of people turned to vaping including myself.

Nowadays vaping devices are leakproof and far better designed, but the UK makes vaping unlawful to purchase vaping equipment if you are under 18. Still, youngsters seem to get around this and I don't know how. Maybe their parents vape, so they'll grab the odd e-cig to take to school?

About 6 months ago I decided to stop smoking, but doing so was very difficult. Instead, I bought a vaping kit and began using nicotine liquid of a higher strength, gradually reducing down to 0% Nicotine 'juice'. Joyfully though I still enjoy vaping, I am close to ceasing it altogether. Even when enjoying a black coffee I still have no desire to vape, let alone smoke. Since six months ago, I have saved a lot of money. Enough to take my 11 year old daughter and I either on a cruise or visit France for a fortnight. I reckon I saved about 90% otherwise spent buying cigs. I breathe far better, I don't cough anymore, and my clothes don't smell. Vape mist literally mists away into the air and leaves no residual marks.

Those who remain vaping, I say good luck to you. Enjoy your vaping, but be aware there could be concrete evidence out there that suggests vaping can cause serious lung damage. I am surprised that there is little information in my country on vaping, except useful info given out by our NHS:

E-cigarettes | Smokefree

Using e-cigarettes to stop smoking - NHS

NHS info: 2018: Study reports that e-cigarettes may make lungs vulnerable to infection - NHS

On a lighter note some two years ago, there was a short video on You Tube enlightening viewers on E-Cigarettes' safety: the facts explained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSn5ZZQkzKs

Anonymous42019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
bluekoi