View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,105 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 14, 2019 at 11:50 AM

I had been diagnosed with Depression and I go on the Depression forum frequently. I wonder if depression has something to do with what's going on with me?

It's really weird that now I am hovering around $225,000 in my savings. And yet I worry a lot. I worry that I'm going to lose all of that money. It still hasn't fully sunk in that I have that kind of money. For all of my life I had been hovering around a few thousand dollars in my savings; and that would be when times were good. It's only been four months since I got this money by selling my condo unit and deciding to live in a rental.

And I feel like I really can't enjoy it. In two weeks from now I'm going on a vacation; which is halfway across the U.S. I'm staying at a place that has a cabin on a lakefront. I feel terrible that I have spent that money for that vacation. It's more like a retreat for me; to get away from the city life - for peace and quiet.

All I think about is that I'm hoping for more money to come in so that I can just put it away instead of spending it for something very nice. It's like I'm obsessed with money or "hoarding". I've been told that I'm wrong for carrying on that way. Anyone else on here feel the same way?
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shakespeare47, Skeezyks