Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 14, 2019 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
LT - Remember when ex-T left me? T never told me to not talk about ex-T. In fact, not only did she split our initial session half about intake and half about ex-T, but she told me anytime I wanted to talk about ex-T I could. And I still can even with L. Hell, I can talk to L about T and to T about L. There are no limits of what I can and can't talk about and for how long either. I think I talked to T about ex-T for almost 2 years straight. And thanks to her for doing that, I'm much better off.

If a T is going to limit you on what you can and cannot talk about (minus personal information about them) then that's a red flag. You should be able to talk about whatever and whoever you need to so long as it aids in your healing. And I think being in a 2 year relationship with Dr. T requires processing what happened.

Thanks, Scarlet. I agree with this. I think I need to process it. I certainly needed to process the stuff with ex-MC. I think what I may do on Monday is go in and tell M that I think I need to process what happened with Dr.T more before I can really move forward in therapy with him. He'd mentioned wanting to learn more about my marriage in the next session, but I hope he'll understand if I want to talk about this, as it's the more pressing thing in my mind right now. If he doesn't understand or says we need to address other things first...maybe he's not the right choice for me, at least not right now. I certainly understand how with the intake session, he'd need to learn the basics of my background. And we got through a lot of information and discussed some of it. So hopefully we can work on the ex-Dr.T stuff a bit.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ScarletPimpernel, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
ScarletPimpernel