View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Sep 14, 2019 at 03:51 PM

Well... I don't know how old you are. I'm a so-called senior citizen. My wife & I aren't well-to-do. We're "comfortable" I guess you'd say. Our needs are few. In my case I almost never spend money on anything unless it's necessary. But I still find myself worrying about money even though I know there's no real need to. Growing up my parents were fairly poor... "working poor" I guess you'd call it nowadays. (I didn't realize it at the time. But looking back I can see that was the case.) So I think my tendency to worry about money comes naturally.

I don't know what the answer is. Perhaps just keeping a detailed budget helps. That way you know exactly what you have coming in & what's going out. To some extent I think it's perhaps the fear of the unknown that contributes to the worrying. And, beyond that, if your worrying becomes too disconcerting perhaps it's something to seek mental health therapy services for, particularly if you find that money-related worries are more of a symptom of a broader problem you have with worry in general. (I think I can relate to that too.) Some financial counseling might be useful as well.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shakespeare47, will19