Elder Harridan x-hankster

Member Since Jun 2011
66.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 15, 2019 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkDNA View Post
...When t slowly took the extra stuff away I spent a LONG time in turmoil trying to get them back...I'm glad to say that now it's not as big as an issue for me. And I've come to accept that t has done the right thing here. I am notably less dependent on him and the extras...
Yeah, my t did like the same 5 extra things from beginning to end. Somewhere in the middle there were like 2 or 3 extra extra things, like i literally cried on his shoulder, but after i did it once, i didnt need it again, so it wasnt a matter of his taking it away. Like if he let me lean on his shoulder but then i didnt cry, then the next (not necessarily consecutive) time, i had probably processed whatever enough. It wasnt all about his shoulder. It was about what i was processing at the moment. And the "same 5 things" (opening hug, closing hug, etc) provided stability and unconditional positive regard.

Eta - altho i did have a standing request in for him to take me to his home for the weekend and carry me around in a Snugli as he cut the lawn, played tennis, etc.
unaluna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
atisketatasket, junkDNA, SlumberKitty