View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Sep 15, 2019 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
Does anyone feel uncomfortable interjecting themselves into other people's conversations? Do you think it can also be seen as rude to do so?
No. It depends.

Quote:
It's more like there will be a group conversation taking place and they will overhear them and just start saying stuff to them. Would you see this as being kind of rude or off putting? I feel like it could be seen as that way.
If the interjector is rude or off-putting in their approach, then yes. You have to be able to read your audience and be charismatic enough to engage strangers in conversation. It takes more than bravery or lack of shame.

It's a skill. If you really want to learn, then you need to practice. A few good pointers can help get you started.

Quote:
Or in some rare cases, I'll approach someone who seems to be alone as well. I'm a little more okay with that even though that still makes me nervous as well since there's still a possibility of rejection.
That's a power play.

Why are you afraid of rejection? If you're not talking to anyone, then you begin at 0. If you attempt to talk to someone and are rejected, you remain at 0. You've lost nothing in the exchange. If you're smart about it, you may even have learned something from the attempt, and you can use this knowledge to better your approach in the future.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, LilyMop, rdgrad15