View Single Post
jrae
Grand Member

Member Since Jun 2008
410 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Attention Sep 16, 2019 at 04:02 AM

it's probably fear, denial, and whatever. family sucks, period!

my parents forced me to 'try' two semesters of college, thinking I would snap out of it. in the process, made me even worse, put them more in denial, and wasted tons of money!

next, they forced me to spend a day at a hospital clinic, seeing a neurologist and getting tests and scans done - thinking it was "obtained" from an MVA I was in 3 years prior. and this was a five hour drive for me!

then, they refused to believe my psych-doctor was doing everything to help me, and forced me to get a second opinion at a different place in a different state! this one was a 10-hour drive.

needless to say, I just stopped talking to them about my mental illness. and I stopped caring too. they can mock me to everyone else and some times to my face - and I just don't "engage"!!! they just don't get it and will not change, so it's not worth my effort anymore :s

[to this day, years & years later, my dad will still make 'mocking' comments to me from time to time - which is painful to take (but I do cause it's not worth it for me to waste energy on something that will never change)]
jrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
possum220