View Single Post
cygne

Member Since Sep 2019
66 hugs
given
Default Sep 16, 2019 at 04:43 AM

Hi everyone.

Firstly, OCD is a complex disorder. Practitioners and doctors are still trying to pinpoint its cause and ramifications, but it is such a fast-paced and characteristic affliction that it is difficult to assert particularities. Same with every person being different, this distressing condition is distinct as well.

Intrusive thoughts are certainly a burden. It wasn't until recently that I discovered I had them, to a severe degree in fact, and came to terms that these voices are no my own, these thoughts are recurring sources of encumbrance. Cognitive therapy is recommended in this case, and journaling is one way to keep track of one's emotions, thoughts, and their intensity. I'm attaching a PDF document (virus-free) you can use to have a look at different techniques and tools for 'controlling' your OCD symptoms.

So Coco, you're doing the right thing. If you're not attempting to make a conscious effort of tracking these states of being, then who is? Getting back to basics and being in control of what you allow in your mind means that you acknowledge these thoughts exist and you agree with scrutinizing them on paper. Justifying your reasoning as to why they are meaningless and burdensome.

Rose, download a dictionary extension. Both Macs and Windows have that option. It'll save you the time from having to go look the word up. You'll just have to select the word and a pop-up will appear with the definition. It goes automatically and without any redirections. Just check the extensions for Safari or your web browser and download your fav dictionary. I usually use Oxford and Webster.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf cbt-techniques-and-tools.pdf (2.10 MB, 4 views)
cygne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Rose76

Thanks for this!
Rose76