Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 16, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoretical View Post
Right. You first have to know the subject of the conversation and have something relevant to add to the topic.

What really aggravates me is when I'm with a group of people who are talking about something that I obviously don't know anything about, and then one of them puts me on the spot because I haven't been talking. For example, I'm with three people who all share the same job and are talking about something work related. Since I don't work with them, nor do I work in that industry, I have no idea what they're talking about and thus have nothing to add. Regardless, one of them will stop the conversation to point out that I haven't said anything, and then accuse me of being shy. And then they get all shocked and confused because they put me in a position where I have to swear at them.

On a side note, don't always assume that an extrovert is always going to be a good conversationalist. Just because someone talks a lot doesn't mean they're good at it.
Oh yes I've had that happen too. It's rare but I've had that happen and that can be just as annoying. Usually now, if I can, if I find myself in that situation, I'll just leave. In most cases I think people just don't care but yeah in some cases in the past someone has tried to include me into a conversation that I had no idea what the topic is.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote