View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Sep 17, 2019 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolda van der Meer View Post
Well... I usually get depressed when the autumn comes, so... no. I'm never ready enough.

But I must say that I used to love autumn and winter when I was a child. And it still can be kind of magical for me. The colourful leaves, the bare trees, the snow...

What forced you to seek treatment for your disorder?
Well, having to get some form of treatment started at age 15, but I wasn't formally diagnosed until I was 32. However, I didn't truly (truly) seek treatment in a very authentic way, until I was 34. I was in a particularly horrible mental health crisis, not that I hadn't been at other times before that. But I was closer to having serious self-harm thoughts than ever before. I was actually serious about driving my car into a tree. That thought wouldn't leave me and I thought that if I did, it would somehow free me. I had also had HR threaten to fire me. Six workmates when to HR to wage formal complaints about me because of my extreme behavior. I had mania with mixed features really bad, and I became very aggressive and even scary. I had also been drinking very heavily for a long time. Each night after work, I would come home and probably drink between six and 10 drinks before falling asleep. The drinking exacerbated the issue.

Q: Who in this world do you think has been the most helpful for you, in terms of helping you manage your mental illness?

Thanks for this!
Isolda van der Meer