View Single Post
sarcgeo

Member Since Jul 2019
11 hugs
given
Default Sep 19, 2019 at 09:39 AM

So, soon to be ex moves in about a week with my daughter. I move out in beginning of October. Luckily, I got approved for an apartment. Most of our furniture is too big for my small apartment. So, I bought myself a bed and a chair to sit in for now. I am not even sure if I can get a sofa at the moment. The cost of living is very high here and I was hoping for a good sale on our family home. I don't want to move too far away, since I want to remain close to my daughter.

During the inspection process of our home, there was a surprise that came up. We have about $20,000 of repair work needed in the crawlspace of our home. There is extensive fungus damage and we had no idea. We only lived in the home for almost 4 years. So, this has given buyers cold feet to buying our home. I have talked with our homeowner's insurance company and they said water damage of this type is not covered by our policy.

Bankruptcy is looking like my only option, since we are getting offers way below what we owe. Also, it has become a buyer's market and they have become very picky. We have a very nice home, but the crawlspace damage is too much. Plus, we don't have the money to fix it.

I am having a VERY hard time remaining positive, since I feel like I have lost everything. EVERYTHING! I am financially and psychologically broken. What woman will want a man like me? I am divorced, broke, overweight, and getting older. I have too much baggage and now add that I am bankrupt. I had 80,000 before I met my soon to be ex and now I am penniless.

Regards,

Sarc
sarcgeo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119, bpcyclist, kitties, Mendingmysoul, MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes, TunedOut, unaluna, xiximmxi

Thanks for this!
kitties