Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2012
1,818 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 19, 2019 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblue1111 View Post
When I'm at work, I'm a different person. Or at least I pretend to be. I go home and work and everyone there completely leaves my mind. It almost sounds like disassociation but I remember everything that happened there. It's more of an on/off switch. I'm either in home. mode or work mode.

Does anyone else have this happen? Part of me likes 'work me' more than 'home me' but 'work me' is exhausting. I wish I could find a balance where I could be myself at work but the real me isn't all that employable.
I recently retired from a whole career of this over multiple jobs...the work me was awfully efficient and effective most of the time, the home me is still trying to figure out what to do with my life...(& in there were kids, now adults, and care-for-mom and lots of other things...)...One acquaintance who knew me first as my "home" self, met me at work for a few professional group conferences and called a very close friend of mine to tell her I was " a totally different person at work". Yikes. Very much like a light switch.

winter4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote