View Single Post
greenescape14

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Sep 19, 2019 at 12:59 PM

Hello. I am new to this forum and just looking for support regarding my partner's (of 5 years) schizoaffective diagnosis. He was diagnosed in May and has been on Vraylar since June. He only started therapy a week ago.

While I have noticed a huge improvement, and he has too, he does something that I am unfamiliar with, though my own therapist told me is normal for someone with schizoaffective disorder. He disappears.

He'll go out for a walk and won't come back for hours. And by hours I mean 6, 12, 24, and the latest - 32 hours. He'll sleep on a park bench, walk around, etc. He told me yesterday when he got back that he contemplated suicide.

Is this normal?? I am struggling with it so hard core. The intense worry, anxiety, fear, concern, all of it comes out in complete rage when he finally comes home because I am so hurt and upset that he didn't contact me or respond to my numerous texts and calls.

He tried to explain that he gets in his head and he can't promise he won't be gone for an extended period of time again.

This time I reached my breaking point and I'm not sure if I can do this anymore but I really wanted to reach out to people with this disorder or someone with more knowledge and ask your thoughts.

Why is this happening? Can he do anything to lessen it or does that all come from right meds and good therapy? I'm so past my breaking point with this I don't even know what to do besides run for the hills. Help.
greenescape14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, SlumberKitty