View Single Post
De Luca

Member Since Sep 2019
25 hugs
given
Default Sep 20, 2019 at 07:56 AM

I learned after 10 years that I cannot work in a corporate office environment. Sitting at a desk all day made me ruminate, my most recent boss bullied and harrassed me because I was an "outcast" (His words). I guess I kind of am an outcast, I can't kiss *** and don't desire to work 60 hours a week and sacrifice my life for a greedy corporation. I'm on disability right now due to a mental breakdown and I am looking to change to some other type of job. The thought of going back to that office with my business casual outfits makes me literally sick to my stomach. My co workers werent't much better, all fake with no interests except working long hours.

My boss was right, I don't fit in there. I can't think "normally" like all the other drones that work there. this mindset happened after my mom's death from cancer. I can't waste my life doing something that makes a company richer while fearing a layoff.

Sorry for the rant. My hatred for corporate environments is way too strong at the moment. I'm bipolar and I found creative work or doing yhings with my hands keeps me more satisfied than sitting all day looking at a monitor and playing corporate politcs.
De Luca is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
Peonie30