View Single Post
TimTheEnchanter

Member Since Feb 2015
142 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 21, 2019 at 12:32 PM

I am sorry, I wish I could tell you that things will get better but it looks like he is going to die. As far as you, if you are not a caregiving type, you will find this hard to endure. I suggest removing yourself partially and visit and help when you are up to it. It is hard, I could tell you to force yourself and be a good daughter and suffer but I know I was in your shoes once upon a time. Both my parents died of cancer, in ages or early to mid-seventies. I am still guilty of not forcing myself to take care of my mother but I could not have unless I had made drastic changes in my life, like moving across the Atlantic, quitting my job and my girlfriend. Not everyone cut out for this. Be well and I am with you in my thoughts.
P.S. Dying is happening in phases and now your father is angry and fighting mode, soon he will resign and accept it, then your situation at home will get slightly better.
Hospice Patients Alliance - Signs of Approaching
Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumy View Post
I'm sorry about this post. I'm just looking for somebody to tell me that things will get better.

My father has been diagnosed with lung cancer, stage 4. It has already spread to the brain. He was an alcoholic for decades, so his liver is not functioning well either.
I live with him and my mother. My brother lives here 4/5 days a week too.
The situation at home is really stressful. My father can't do anything by himself. He is in a wheelchair. He can't go to the bathroom. He would be just lying in bed almost all day if it depended on him. We got him up everyday, which is a continuos fight because he starts yelling and insulting us since he doesn't want.
The tumours in his brain are affecting his personality and his mood. There is shouting all the time. He doesn't want to eat or drink. And my mom is crying all the time because of the insults.

Possible trigger:

and I need to know that it will get better and that I will be happy again and that things will be well in the near future.

Thanks for this!
kumy