The Dopamine Flux

Member Since Jun 2010
867 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 21, 2019 at 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under*Over View Post
The bipolar forum seems much more active. Seems like there is much more content there. This forum rarely has any threads really related to the topic. Most of them are about video games or movies or similar. Im not complaining really Im just wondering why? Is it because people with schizophrenia, or specifically schizoaffective disorder post in the bipolar (and other subchannels) about their issues? Or is it because people with schizophrenia tend to be less functional and might not spend their free time on here as much as more “with it” users might? Might not enjoy this medium so much because cognitive issues tend to be worse and tying serious stuff on here might be cognitively demanding?

Im just wondering why this subforum is SO different from the bipolar one even though the amount of people with both issues (around 1% of the population each) is similar?

Again not trying to be mean or anything- just curious if anyone can guess as to what is up
I would suspect many people with schizophrenia may not be completely interested, or even unable to adhere to serious topics. Idk, I really dont. That's a large guess, which I think is incorrect.

But I can tell you, most of the regulars here post on Roll Call. There are very close, respected, and long-time regulars here. Schizophrenia forum doesnt get a lot of random people popping up and starting threads. So the regulars have kind of built their own community within this forum to keep up with each other on a daily basis. Also, the non-serious threads you are talking about; movies, video games, "did you shower?", etc, it's a way for us with schizophrenia/schizoaffective to be able to have routine in our lives, and keep busy, or just keep their routine in check, in order to maintain the most stable life possible for us.

The Dopamine Flux
www.thedopamineflux.com

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/MozePrayIII

newtus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird, Breaking Dawn, Sometimes psychotic, unaluna, Under*Over