View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Sep 23, 2019 at 07:03 AM

Thanks all... I am not sure I got the right dose into him this morning. I know he got 100 mgs and then he sort of refused to take anymore. So I had to switch over to his regular food. That food is very hard to tell because it is flakes and he doesn't eat all of it. But I put 50 into one and he ate most of it and 50 into another and he ate most of it so I think are are in uncharted territory. He is currently lying on the rug, something he does most days anyway but hopefully this will all enough of the edge to be taken off so they can examine him.

ETA: Unfortunately, it didn't work. I definitely had 200 mg into him and there was no legit change. He was groggy but the moment they arrived his adrenaline surged and that was that. He was 100% like normal.

They did manage to get him 2 shots... look at his teeth, examine him, but when they tried to get blood he bolted and squeezed through the gate I bought for him.

So because they got most of what they needed to done, they said they think I should just wait a year and next year put him in the carrier, and they will sedate him with a shot at the vet clinic. At that point they can do everything, cut nails, clean teeth, get blood etc.

I don't know why I can't get them to give me a drug that will actually work on my cat. I need something where he is going to lose track of who he is and what is happening. Being a little groggy won't do. But we went around and round and they still want to use this drug that doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by Anonymous45521; Sep 23, 2019 at 10:52 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
possum220, Skeezyks