View Single Post
BipolarWolf

Member Since Sep 2019
168 hugs
given
Default Sep 23, 2019 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipolaRNurse View Post
I have had two different psychiatrists tell me this same thing. I get SO upset with myself for my short-term memory deficits, when it's not my fault at all. It got so bad at one point that I asked my pdoc if I was developing dementia. I'm not, it's just brain damage from the combination of repeated bipolar episodes and the meds I'm taking to treat it. For some reason that made me feel a little better; I've seen so much dementia that I fear it more than almost any other illness.
I get upset with myself also when I cannot remember things. I know that it is my disease that is doing it. I can definitely relate to this and the other replies here on this topic. I watched my Grandmother go thru dementia. I used to make her meals and take care of her before she passed. She was frustrated with herself in the beginning, but then after that she just became unaware that she had forgotten something or that she was tripping. Dementia is not a nice thing. I also have my fears of brain damage and dementia. I forget things all the time and it is stuff that just happened recently.

current meds:

-Oxcarbazepine
-Gabapentin
-Hydroxyzine
-Risperidone
-Zoloft

Psychotherapy 2-3 times a month as needed
Bipolar 1, PTSD
BipolarWolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!