View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Sep 23, 2019 at 06:44 PM

My surgery was done 20 years ago. (I was comparatively young.) I guess I was fortunate. The surgeon just took out the offending organ & that was that. I did have 2 additional problems neither of which were directly related to my prostate surgery. I bent over to tie my shoes one day & ruptured a disc in my low back. I presume this had to do with being run down as a result of the surgery & the recuperation process. And then I also had a double hernia, which the surgeon who repaired it told me, is not uncommon following prostate surgery.

The other outcome was that I've been impotent ever since. (Oh... & I have to be careful farting because, if I'm not, I'll wet my pants.) Beyond that it gets more complicated because one of the issues I've struggled with my entire life was gender dysphoria. So while losing my prostate & along with it my sexual potency was in one way disturbing, it was in another something of a relief, but one that brought with it a whole host of additional mental health problems including 2 major suicide attempts. I could go on. But I'll leave it at that. I hope that, in some way, you will be able to find some relief to all of the difficulties you've encountered... soon.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote