View Single Post
Anonymous35014

Default Sep 25, 2019 at 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
I think that the greatest treatment for anxiety (and a great long term one) is mastery of coping skills. But if you must only look at meds, bluebicyle mentioned the main ones. I might also suggest Seroquel or Seroquel XR, though obviously Seroquel is more known for its moodstabilization and sleep assistance.
Ah yes... I forgot about Seroquel!! Seroquel XR did help me with my anxiety a lot at lower doses, but I had to go off it because it caused depression for me at higher doses. BUT not everyone gets depression at higher doses. I don't think it's super common. In fact, a lot of people on this forum say that Seroquel helps with their depression.

As far as downsides go with Seroquel, the only major downsides are the extreme sedation that some people (like myself) get from it and the possibility of increased cholesterol (like it did for me). Others experience weight gain because it can cause cravings. However, I never experienced weight gain myself, so weight gain is not a guarantee (if you're worried about that).

But if you're worried about sedation and stuff, you can always ask for it as a PRN. My grandmother had Seroquel (regular release) and would take an extra one as PRN if she had increased anxiety. I think it calms you because because of its sedative effects.

Also, I see you're in the U.S. and I don't know if they have this deal going on still, but Seroquel XR (brand name, not generic) cost me $3 a month with a manufacturer's coupon.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341