View Single Post
unicornlady

Member Since Nov 2014
36 hugs
given
Default Sep 25, 2019 at 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
unicornlady, I have to say that what your therapist said sounds very strange to me. I've been in therapy for 13 years and no one ever said that to me. Of course I am still on disability, but I can't even imagine going any less than every 3 weeks, preferably every 2 minimum, even if everything is going great. Ultimately I think it should be up to you.

If you feel you need more therapeutic support beyond once monthly, you might speak up about it or even seek a new therapist for a "fresh perspective". Have you been seeing your current therapist for most or all of the 7 years you mentioned? I imagine some therapists simply run out of ideas for how to support certain clients. That doesn't mean the client is too well or too sick. This "fresh perspective" I mentioned can be very valuable at times. We are not married to our therapists.
That makes me feel better...

My mental health provider place has a problem with high turnover of therapists, but I get to stay with my pdoc that I like and keep a treatment team that makes sense for me.

This "dependency on therapy" thing is something that both my last therapist and current therapist have been concerned about. I wonder if they're trying to manage their workload? or maybe there really is a concern? Certainly not them running out of ideas because the last 2 therapists only span the last year for me.

I will try bringing up that I feel like I need more support, because you're right, it should be up to me.

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bizi